Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Black-Eyed Pea Dip


I got this recipe off of the Pioneer Woman's sight.  I thought it both sounded and looked good.  A fairly healthy dip and easy too!  We had it New Years Eve and it was great!

Here's what you'll need:
(printable recipe)

1 14 oz. can black-eyed peas
1/4 of an onion, chopped fine
1/4 cup sour cream (I used no fat)
8 slices jarred jalapenos, chopped
1 cup grated cheese
3 tbsp. salsa
hot sauce to taste
dash of salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drain black-eyed peas and partially mash, leaving some whole.


I do this right in the dish I am going to bake it in.


Add all the other ingredients and stir to combine.  Spread into 1 1/2 quart baking dish and bake for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.  Serve with tortilla chips!

Note:  I also added some chopped fresh spinach to mine.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I use alot of beans in cooking and baking and will use this one too! http://healthycomfort.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete